The Business Objects People are a specialist SAP BusinessObjects consultancy firm. We provide a low risk, low commitment option to your SAP Business Objects resourcing needs.
Our consultants have an average of twelve years’ experience working with SAP BusinessObjects/SAP Crystal software and we are an accredited SAP Partner Centre of Excellence for Business Objects. Our staff are certified in their expertise of SAP Business Objects and the processes by which we support it.
However our knowledge goes beyond certifications. Because we focus solely on the Business Objects element of SAP, we maintain deep knowledge in the breadth of the Business Objects portfolio, rather than a skin deep familiarity sufficient to tick the box.
When SAP needed to monitor the sales opportunities its own marketing department generates they called on The Business Objects People’s expertise, commissioning us to deliver a dashboard for their marketing management.
Having a team of consultants as well as a network of contractors means that we are able to respond quickly and also commit long term. Have a look at our customer case studies – many remark on their productive and friendly working relationship with us.
Our engagement process provides a clear definition of what you get for your money, detailed in an agreed statement of work. We are flexible to working on either a daily rate or fixed cost project basis.
Tried and tested delivery processes means reassurance for our customers on the quality of our work. Whilst the specifics are tuned to each requirement, these are some of the approaches we apply:Testing
- Supporting the customer in checking new reports or business objects against current information sources
- Drilling down to detail and tracing / cross referencing individual data points where there are queries
- Fixing data issues identified in the delivered product
- Documenting the mechanics and meaning of each delivered product (report, universe etc) for the purposes of ongoing system management
- Documenting the derivation of each field for ongoing system management purposes
- Two-step Business Objects People delivery of peer review before release to customer
- Supporting users in understanding how the system manipulates data
Our base in Devon gives us a low cost base without time, connectivity and communication issues when working with overseas resource. It is also to long serving staff, meaning continuity for our customers not just with us an organisation but with individual consultants.
Nearly all of our work involves some face to face activity, from initial meetings, scoping and definition workshops or full onsite deliveries. However the ease and cost benefits of remote technologies mean that much of our work is delivered remotely, working as a virtual team member using technologies hosted web access, remote desktop or dial-in technologies.
The Business Objects People provides an alternative to the long term commitment of hiring permanent staff, whilst avoiding the uncertainty and risk of relying on individual contractors.